Thursday, March 6, 2014

My Gradual Love Affair with Nordstrom

 

Growing up my older sister had a license plate frame on her car that read "I'd rather be shopping at Nordstrom's" . I remember thinking......"I'd rather be playing outside or hanging with my friends".

Over the years, I would always visit Nordstrom once in awhile for the odd item but never really developed a relationship with the store. Then I fell.......and I fell hard, literally and figuratively. I broke my collarbone, which required three surgeries over four years and numerous weeks of immobilization of my right arm.

During this time, I was trapped at home......bored beyond belief. I started browsing Nordstrom.com and browsing became buying. You see, shipping and returns were free. Because I couldn't drive, Nordstrom let me have my own little dressing room at home. I was smitten.

Once I was feeling better my new love with Nordstrom only grew. I met with Personal Stylists once a year, signed up for Nordstom Rewards and I set up my Wish List for Christmas and Birthdays (by the way, my Dad is the best at always surprising me with items from my Nordy's Wish List, thanks Dad).

So, here's a few of my favorite items from Nordstrom that I'm currently wearing.......Sorry it took me so long to really appreciate you.


xo K

Tom's

Honestly, I resisted Tom's for a long time. I was on the fence at to if these shoes were ugly or not. I finally determined they were "Ugly-Hot" and now own 5 pairs. Living in the city, these are a must for walking around comfortably.
 
 

Shimera Two-Way Seamless Tank

This is my go-to layering piece after having my baby. It is amazing at keeping "everything" in and smoothing my friend Mr. Muffintop.

 

Hue "Ultra" Wide Waistband Leggings

Speaking of Mr. Muffintop, these leggings have an extra wide waist band, which means no digging into your waist!
 

Hunter "Original Tall" Gloss Rain Boots

 
Splitting my time between Portland, Oregon & Vancouver, British Columbia means rain.... a lot of rain. My Mother-in-law picked these boots off my Wish-List. I get compliments on the color every time I wear them.
 
Speaking of Vancouver, hurry up Nordstrom and get here already! We are waiting for you with open arms.......and wallets.



No comments:

Post a Comment